Thursday, March 7, 2013

Samoas 3-7-13

Good Evening friends!!

So I have come across a few recipes for some homemade samosa.  I  of course have been wanting to stuff my face with mass quantities of girl scout cookies.  I whipped these up based off this recipe that I found on foodie fiasco they looked the healthiest out of the few I have seen floating around the blog world and pinterest.  I made a few changes.  The took all of 30 minutes from start to finish and are delicious!







Almost Samoas

3/4 cup Almond Meal (I used what I had left over from making my almond milk so it was vanila and date flavored)
1/2 mashed banana
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp sea salt

1/4 c Vanilla Agave
6 Tbsp Unsweetened Coconut
2 Tbsp Almond Milk

2-3  squares Ghirardelli 100% cacao
2 tbsp almond milk
4 packest Stevia

Throw all the first group of ingredients in the food processor and pulse until smooth.  Preheat oven to 325.  Makes 18 cookies.  Form into balls and smash down with thumb.  Bake 12 minutes.
While baking toss coconut, agave and milk in small bowl.  Microwave chocolate, stevia and almond milk 30 seconds and stir until smooth.  Top each cookie with a chocolate and sprinkle coconut mixture and drizzle the caramel sauce on top.  Place in refrigerator to cool.  The "caramel" mixture thickens as it cools.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment