Friday, March 1, 2013

Sitting in the Airport 03-01-13

Hello friends!
I know I have slacked a bit on the posting these days.  So since I had a few minutes waiting for my flight to leave for Phoenix I thought I would share a quick recipe since I whipped these up last night to take with me.  I know its a little weird that I cook and take food with me on my little trips but I know that if I do not have snacks on hand I will end up eating things that I 1) do not enjoy 2) fell crappy after and 3) regret eating.

With that said, in my luggage I have apples, pears, bananas, raw bars, and trail mix.  It is not a lot of any of them just enough so that while I'm wondering around Phoenix this weekend I have things to nibble on and avoid the hunger monster visiting leading to a full fledged binge on pasta or Chinese take out.

The bars I made are quick and easy to make, the thing that took the longest was forming them into bars.  If I am in a hurry I make large balls and that works too!

Raw bars
4oz almonds
½ cup sunflower seeds
20 dates
6 Tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp chia seeds
4 tbsp raw honey
2 scoops protein power
Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until mixed thoroughly.  It should be thick and form into 15 bars.  Store the bars in the refrigerator.

Silly me forgot to take pictures but I will snap one when I am eating one this weekend and share.  These are great to take with you, just like the bars you probably pay 2$ or more for.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and wish me luck on yet another half marathon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment