Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Chicken enchiladas and first training group run 5-22-13

Good Evening!!

I hope everyone is having a great week.

I had my first run with the Rio Rancho USA Fit running group.  I heard it was a great group to run with through a friend and so far I agree.  Minus being allergic to the grass we stretched in after, hives and horrible allergies all weekend long!  Everyone was friendly and there were no crazy rules to follow.  They even encouraged us to listen to music if that's what we like to do.  Safety was a topic and it was recommended to only use one ear bud to hear traffic and other runners.  We were supposed to do 4 miles but I had my sisters graduation to get to so I only did 2 miles with the half marathon group and my speedy friend.  There were lots of hills but it was over all a good run even though it was a bit faster than I planned on.  This weekend we are doing 5 miles.  I'm pretty excited.  I've had less soreness in my hip, which has been problematic in the past.  Still having soreness in my heels, but its less than I was having with my last pair of shoes.  So far the new Nike's are working great!!

On to the good stuff......FOOD!

I love chicken enchiladas but they are not the healthiest thing and can be expensive if purchased.  So I made my own take out.
It was surprisingly easy to make.
 2 chicken breasts, sprinkled with Mrs Dash chili lime seasoning and sea salt then grilled till done.
 1/2 onion chopped, 2-3 garlic and 1/2 cup chopped tomato sprayed with extra virgin olive oil then sprinkled with sea salt.
 Roasted 350F until tender, about 25 minutes.  Toss veggies into blender with 2-3 tbsp chili powder, depending on how hot you like it.  Thin with chicken broth.  
 Spray the bottom of a saute pan with more extra virgin olive oil.  Add chili mixture and simmer 20 minutes.  
 Add 1 tbsp Italian seasoning.
 Shred cheese and chicken.  Warm tortillas, so they will roll better.  I did it in the microwave but it can be done on the stove, in the oven or in a pan.  Fill with chicken, cheese and red chili then roll.
 I did 2 tortillas and smothered with more chili and cheese.  Add a little bit of refried beans and bake 15-20 minutes at 350F.
YUMMY!!!  Top with lettuce, tomato, onion and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment