Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Run for the Zoo...should've been 5-5-13

Grrr!  I wrote this a while ago and scheduled it to post in the morning but forgot to hit post so It has been sitting here waiting to be posted.

Hello Friends!!
Hope everyone has had a great weekend.  I did run for the zoo yesterday.  It went well, mostly.  It was windy and cold.  So cold I left my hoody on the entire run.  I usually totally over heat with a hoody and end up taking it off a mile or two in, but not this time all the wind kept me nice and cool.

I also tried NUUN's active hydration.  I LOVE THEM!!!  I will keep using them, they are tasty and worked well. No cramping like the last half.  I ran a little slower than I usually do because I was so worried about cramping, it was so painful and I hopefully never have to do that again!  I stopped and used the port-a-potty twice and even stretched while in the line waiting for ever.

The course was not my favorite.  It was pretty but whew was it smelly!!!  I'm not someone who has a sensitive stomach but running past something that smelled like the inside of a port-a-potty (not once but twice!!!) and by the tortilla factory that must have been burning tortillas (again not once but twice) I thought I was going to revisit my usual race morning breakfast of oatmeal.

This was my 5th half in about 8months!!! I set a goal last year to do 6 in a year and I'm almost there woohoo!!!

After my run I met my family and did the 5k with mom and the midgets.  No they are not really midgets,  just my 2 nieces and nephew.  16.2 miles that day!  I of course ran the last 3.1 really slow.  Its hard to run fast with a 4 year old, even though she runs past people and shouts "I'm faster than you" or "I'm passing you".  Most people laugh and compliment her awesome tutu.  My nephew ran the whole thing and was totally bummed that we did the un-timed run because he finished long before us.

So pretty good start to my own official marathon training!!


No comments:

Post a Comment