Sunday, February 17, 2013

BACON!!!! 02-17-2013

Good evening friends, hope you had a wonderful weekend. 
Ok, not real bacon but pretty darn close!!
Its turkey bacon and it really looks like bacon.  It tastes like bacon.  It doesn't have any sugars added.  Its organic, nitrate free and no fillers.  I am so excited about this I looked through my new salad book just to find a recipe to use this in.  Its made by Applegate:



So this new salad book I bought is pretty awesome.  365 salad recipes, one for every day. 
The recipe I based tomorrows lunch off of is Shredded Kale Salad with Pancetta & Hard-Cooked Egg

It looks pretty good, I of course had to change it up a little bit.  It needed some healthifing :)
 
Kale Salad with bacon and eggs
 
This made 2 servings
 
4 slices bacon, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp coconut vinegar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp parsley
3 hard cooked eggs
Premixed baby kale salad
 
Over medium heat cook bacon and garlic until toasted.  Degalze (pour liquid in pan and scrap bottom for crusty bits) pan with vinegar, olive oil and parsley.  Once cooled split into two servings.  I boiled my eggs.  You can steam them if you like.  Peel eggs and chop them up.  Split into two servings.  Place on top greens and enjoy! 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment