Tuesday, April 30, 2013

6miles and my favorite smoothie 4-30-2013

Hello! I know, I know its late.  I should be in bed or at the very least doing some homework.  But if you know me it shouldn't surprise you that I will do just about anything to put off homework.

Good 6mile run today.  Thank goodness I bought a book that I couldn't put down.  Since I run mostly on the treadmill, yes I know outside is better but I like air conditioning, somewhere to put my water bottle and access to a restroom, I have been reading to pass the miles.  It does make me a little bit slower, not that I needed any help in that department.  The good thing though is today while running my 6 miles I got lost in the drama of the dysfunctional love story I was reading looked up and was 4.5 miles in!  WooHoo!! Now I just need to find another book Since I bought it yesterday and finished it tonight :-/ no I'm not kidding I did really read it in 2 days.  Maybe I will get lucky and find something that will last me for a 20 mile run that I will be doing in the not so distant future.  I'm thinking trying a audio book might be an interesting distraction when I do actually run outside.  Ha maybe I will finally finish the Game of Thrones Series.

Loving my new shoes, but a new ache/soreness in one of my calves.  I really hope its not the shoes......I'm seriously tired of trying to find the right pair of shoes.


Well now on to what you have been the chocolate smoothie!

4-5 medium small beets, steamed.  I buy the giant package of portioned out steamed beets from Costco. A single portioned out package works perfectly
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
5 dates
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 scoop chocolate Raw Garden of Life Protein
1 banana
1 cupish strawberries, blackberries, raspberries or mixture of all three.
Toss everything into the blender and blend until smooth.  This makes 2-3 smoothies for, depending on how hungry I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment