Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chicken Caesar Salad 02-12-13

Good Evening! Hope your week is going well.

I went out to dinner this weekend and a friend ordered a Caesar salad.  It smelled so good I have been wanting one since.  Caesar dressing is so easy to make and I cant stand the bottled stuff it just doesn't do it justice.  So of course I made some today and thought you might like this easy very flavorful recipe. 

Caesar Dressing
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 tbsp anchovy paste
  • 1 tsp Dijon
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • ¼ c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp pepper
  • ¼ c grated Parmesan
  • 2 egg yolks
Yes this calls for 2 raw egg yolks.  I know some people freak about raw eggs but it adds so much creaminess to the dressing it is a must!! Place all ingredients in the food processor and pulse until mixed thoroughly and your done, yup that is all!  Enjoy.  It is so flavorful I used all of 1 tbsp for that giant salad with my home made croutons.  Those are another difficult recipe.  1 slice of Ezekial sesame bread cubed and sprayed with a little olive oil.  Now bake for 15-20 minutes at 350F and poof your done!  On top that bed of greens is one chicken breast brushed with garlic olive oil, seasoned and baked. 



And now I have lots of dressing to enjoy all week!  Lets just hope I don't eat it all tonight, I have had a very strong desire to dip my fingers in it many times already!


No comments:

Post a Comment