Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Snacks lots and lots of snacks 2-6-13

Good evening friends!!

I have a snacking problem.  I could snacks all day and be completly happy without actually eating a full meal.  The problem with this is most of my favorite snacks are pretty carby snacks.  I have a few of my recent snack eats for you.  Protein balls which are based off Amazeballs from The Fittnesista one of my favorite blogs.  She has some great recipes. 

So these balls may be made in different flavors or combinations

Protein Balls

1/2 cup nuts (almonds or pecans are my favs) You can also substitute for 2tbsp nut butta
1 scoop protein (I like to try different flavors so buy single servings of my go to protein powder)
1 tbsp sweetner (honey or agave)
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp coconut, shredded unsweetened
Pinch sea salt and cinnamon

Place in food processor or blender and blend or pulse untile sticky enough to form balls.  This makes about 5 balls for me. 

Here are a few combinations I have tried so far:







 








No comments:

Post a Comment