Monday, February 4, 2013

My favorite food these days.....Pizza! 02-04-13

Good evening friends!!
Hope everyone has had a wonderful Monday.

I have been slacking on posting my recipes so I have 2 for you tonight :)

This weekend I made a typical pesto and added a little sun dried tomatoes for a change.  I know its easy enough to just pick up a jar of this stuff but it is so much better with fresh basil and the smell is so great its worth the dirty dishes it makes. 

Sun dried Tomato Basil Pesto
1/2 Parmesan
1/2 c pine nuts
1/2 sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1tsp sea salt
2-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 pack of fresh basil

Place everything but olive oil in food processor.  Drizzle olive oil in 1 tbsp at a time until desired thickness is achieved.  I used 3 tbsp but I know some that like a little more olive oil in their pesto than I generally do so add more if needed.  This can be used in so many ways.  I love to coat chicken breasts with pesto and bake.  Its great with seafood.  Add a little to your veggies.  So many options. 




I decided last night to make some pizza and have been playing around with different crust recipes. 

Cauliflower Pizza Crust
1 small head cauliflower
1/2 c almond flour
1/2 c coconut flour
2 eggs
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp fresh oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper

Break up cauliflower into small pieces and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to completely cook (it will cook your eggs if you don't).  Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until starts to pull away from edges and form a ball.  This made 3 thin crust pizzas.  Smash down on well oiled foil covered cookie sheet or pizza pan.  Sprinkle oiled foil with organic corn meal, it helps with sticking.  Bake 350 20 minutes, top and bake another 10-15 minutes. 

I topped it with baby spinach and baby kale, clams and the above pesto.  When it came out of the oven I drizzled with balsamic vinegar.  Pictured above.  

I also used to this crust to make chicken and veggie pizza with the marinara I keep on hand in the freezer and a little raw Parmesan (I almost always use raw or unpasturized cheese) and served half with a small salad with veggies and a little braggs dressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment