Monday, February 11, 2013

Crockpot beef and omelets 02-11-13

Good Morning!!!  Happy Monday.
This was breakfast this morning and it was so yummy I had to share. 

I have been having fun juicing lots of fruits and veggies, so I haven't had many recipes to post lately.  Juices like this....
 
Yesterday I threw some stuff in the crock-pot and it came out much better than I had expected.  I will definitely be making this again. 
 


 
 
Crock-pot Beef
1-1/2 to 2 lbs beef
1 red bell pepper chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 c green chili, chopped
Salt and Pepper and lots of my favorite no salt organic seasoning
 
Throw everything in crock-pot and cook on high for about 8 hours.  I know really difficult recipe ;)
 
 
So now I had this great beef, that I would have normally filled many tasty tortillas with and went to town, but they aren't the healthiest, who knew?  After picking at it all day yesterday I decided it would make a quick breakfast.  So this morning I made an egg omelet. 

 
Easy Beef filled omelet
1 egg + 1 egg white
2 oz beef
1-2 tbsp Guacamole, I get this from whole foods already made
 
Beat eggs together and pour into omelet pan that has been greased or sprayed.  Today I wiped a little coconut oil on the pan.  Cook eggs over medium heat, scraping the sides away from the pan a few times to cook as much as possible.  Flip, yes you can do this I promise!  Its not to hard just a little flip of your wrist.  If you make sure to cook as much of the egg as possible before It will plop right over quite easily.  Top with beef and flip half of the egg over on to it self. 
I served with some berries, cause I can't do breakfast without a little sweet ;)
 
Well I guess I should finish getting ready for work.......Have a great Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment