Sunday, April 28, 2013

Crock Pot Imitation Yucatan Chicken 4-28-13

Good Morning and Happy Sunday!
Hope your weekend is going well.  This past week I had some soup, Yucatan Chicken, from one of my favorite restaurants.  It was for lunch, so I came home and wanted to have the same thing for dinner.  I know, I eat a lot of the same meals over and over.  Its easier to make large family style meals and eat it all week.  So I made my own version of it.  It looked simple enough; green chili, tomato, celery, corn, chicken and broth.  I have no idea what made it Yucatan Chicken soup and not just plain old green chili chicken soup but it was pretty tasty.  I really like having pre-made meals in the fridges for those days when I am really hungry and don't feel like cooking, yes it happens to me too.  Like yesterday after doing Warrior Dash with some fabulously fit friends I came home and was starving.  Luckily I one last bowl of this hearty fresh soup to satisfy my warrior hunger!
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 box chicken broth
2 cups frozen corn
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup green chili
2 chicken breasts
Salt and Pepper

 Dump everything into the crock pot and cook on low over night or about 8 hours.  Pretty easy, right?  I love using my crock pot it makes cooking so easy sometimes.  I have eaten this many times after a few nights I decided to change it up a bit and add some avocado and a little Diaya Cheddar.

No comments:

Post a Comment