Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Taco Salad 04-16-13

Good Evening friends!

Hope your night is going well, I had a few extra minutes so I decided to post a second recipe today, yay!  

So most of my meals are made in mass quantity and I eat the same thing over and over again all week.  For example I made taco salad this past weekend during my food prep.  I ended up with 5 servings, perfect for the weeks salads, or occasional dinner when I'm too tired to make anything after the awesome trainer educed torture session.  

Taco Salad


1/2 lb ground turkey
1 can black beans
1 cup corn
1 handful fresh torn cilantro
1 red bell pepper
2 garlic cloves
1/4 red onion

Saute ground turkey and garlic that has been chopped, season with salt and pepper.  While cooking, chop red bell pepper in to bite size pieces.  When fully cooked removed from heat and toss with beans, onion, peppers, cilantro and corn.  This made 5 servings for me.  I served with salsa and avocado slices on top of mixed greens (kale, arugula, spinach, romaine, shredded carrots, red cabbage).

 Just a quick note, I use as much organic ingredients as possible, even if I do not specify on each recipe.
 Pictures are a little random for this recipe, I even forgot to take a finished product picture because I was busy cooking multiple things!

No comments:

Post a Comment