Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tabbouleh inspired salad 04-03-13

Well hello!!

I know it has been a very long time since I shared anything, sorry I'm lazy ;)

So, next to my work is this yummy coffee shop that has amazing food.  I would eat there daily if I could afford to and didn't worry about pants getting tighter.  They have this salad that is topped with feta, veggies and tabbouleh.  It is great, filling and fairly healthy.  I had it a few times and decided it was time to make something similar on my own.  Normal Tabbouleh is made from Bulgar wheat.  I of course read every recipe I could get my hands own for Tabbouleh before coming up with my own.  I made a GIANORMOUS, yes that's a word trust me ;)

Tabbouleh Salad

1 cup, uncooked Sprouted Quinoa
1 small head Cauliflower
1 zucchini
2 carrots
1 bunch radishes
1 cucumber
1 tub grape tomatoes
3 small cloves garlic
1/4 red onion
3 lemons
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
1 bunch mint
1 bunch parsley

Cook Quinoa according to package directions and cool.  While cooking shred cauliflower, zucchini and carrots.  Cube cucumber and quarter tomatoes.  Mince garlic and small chop red onion.  Slice radishes as thinly as possible, I used a mandolin.  Chop mint and parsley.  In a large bowl juice lemons and add vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, mint, red onion, parsley and mint.  Toss remaining vegetables into lemon mixture and quinoa.  Salt and pepper to taste.





I have eaten this salad everyday for the last two weeks.  It is so good on top of some greens.  I have been using kale, spinach and arugula.  I still have been using a drizzle of Bragg's Healthy Vinaigrette and adding a little organic goat cheese feta.

No comments:

Post a Comment