Saturday, January 12, 2013

Chicken Tacos!!! 1-12-13

Good evening friends, Hope you all had a relaxing Saturday.
Yes you read right, Chicken Tacos.  In crunchy corn tortillas, with cheese and avocado. 

As I do many morning's, I read a few of the blogs I follow while eating my breakfast, which happened to be something I got the idea from one of those blogs I read.  Carrots 'N' Cake is one of my favorites to read.  She is currently eating something called a french toast scramble, its a very tasty breakfast.  I was out of bananas so I improvised; 1/2 c pumpkin puree, 2 medium eggs, tbsp unsweetened coconut, sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, splash of vanilla and scrambled.  I topped it with Sunflower Seed Butter.  Not too bad for breakfast but I missed the sweet of the banana. 

I had some of my left over lettuce wraps with coconut peanut sauce for lunch today.  Having these meals portioned and frozen has made eating in a hurry much easier. 
 
Normally on the weekends I do my food prep and cooking for the next week but today I decided to do a little shopping, which lead to early spring cleaning!  I had broken my last crock pot sometime before Christmas and have been meaning to buy a new one for sometime.  Since I have been reading lots of recipes for crock pots lately on blogs I decided I needed to replace mine.  

I also found these herb plants that looked like they needed a good home ;) 
Ingredients I already had on hand that were basically dumped into the crock pot. 
I toasted two of my sprouted corn tortillas, so they were nice and crunchy. 
Topped with half an avocado and half an ounce of raw mild cheddar. 
While my dinner cooked I was able to reorganize my closet, yay! It was looking pretty much like a tornado hit.
 
Chicken Tacos
 
2 organic Chicken Breasts
1 Can black beans
1 tub salsa
1 green bell pepper, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sprouted Organic Corn Tortillas
Avocado
Raw Mild Cheddar Cheese
 
Dump chicken, beans, salsa, bell pepper and salt and pepper in crock pot and cover.  Cook about 5 hours on high heat or until chicken falls apart.  Toast Corn Tortillas either in oven or on a non stick pan without oil.  When ready top with cheese and avocado. 
 
This couldn't have been an easier dinner.  It required next to no work.  I of course had a little sweet tooth and still wanted my nana from this morning so I found a few things in my pantry....
 
 

With the addition of a banana and about 30 seconds in the microwave this turned out to be a delicious late night snack.  I added a hot cup of a new tea I found on my shopping trip today.  I have horrible insomnia issues, as many of you know this is probably the hundredth thing I've tried.  Cross your fingers for me that it works. 
 
Good night!
Hopefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment