Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cocoa did you know.....1-5-13

Good Evening Friends!  Hope you all are having a wonderfully relaxing weekend! 

Did you know Cocoa can be good for you?  It is said to contain mood enhancing properties, I don't know about you but any cocoa or chocolate always makes me happy!!  I have heard it has many beneficial nutrients when it is not highly processed and loaded with sugar and fat.  Some of those nutrients include zinc, magnesium, potassium, iron, and more.  Cocoa it self is low calorie.  What makes it high calorie is the sugar, dairy and fat added to it.  Some antioxidants can decrease inflammation.  With all of these benefits it provides I am having a difficult time cutting chocolate to a minimum in my diet.  Ok, so that's not really the reason, I just love the way it tastes ;) doesn't everybody?  Since it is sooo healthy I figured I would find someway to incorporate a little cocoa into my diet, only when needed of course! 



Cocoa Nuts
3 egg whites
3 cups Nuts (I used almonds, walnuts and pecans)
3 Tbsp Stevia granules
3 Tbsp Cocoa

Beat egg whites until form soft peaks, usually takes a few minutes. 



Mix cocoa and stevia in separate dish. 

Fold nuts into egg whites until all nuts are covered.  Add cocoa and mix until completely covered. 
Spread on greased cookie sheet and bake 400 F for 10minutes.  Let cook and enjoy!  I store in a tub in the fridge. 

Last nights birthday dinner for my aunt lead to me finding a new favorite rice free sushi roll!! I wanted to share a pic I quickly snapped before devouring it. 


Hope you all have a great weekend.  Tomorrows Chop Suey recipe is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment