Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Coconut Lime Clams 1-22-13

Good evening friends!!

The coconut lime clams I had planed to make last night turned out to be WAY better than I expected.  It was so good, I'm really glad this made 4 servings because I can't wait to eat it again.

 
Coconut Lime Clams
 
1 lb clams on the half shell
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 medium shallot, chopped
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp ground cumin
3 green onions, chopped
1 can stewed tomatoes with green chilies
1 lime, juiced
1/2 c unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 c vegetable broth
3 cups frozen green beans
1/4 c shredded unsweetened coconut
 
In a skillet heat olive oil over medium heat, add shallots and cook until translucent.  Add ginger, turmeric, cumin and onions stir until makes a bright paste.  Add tomatoes, lime, coconut milk, vegetable broth.  Simmer 10 minutes.  Place green beans in bottom of baking dish, top with clams and pour sauce on top.  Sprinkle with coconut.  Cover and bake 350 for 20 minutes.  Remove lid and bake 10 minutes more.  Makes 4 servings. 
 
I served with a cornbread biscuit.  That I can't believe I forgot to take pictures of!
 
Quick Corn Bread Biscuits
 
1 c Butternut squash puree
1 egg
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
hand full fresh herbs I used sage, rosemary and thyme
1/2 c organic cornmeal
1/2 c coconut flour
1 tbsp olive oil
 
Mix everything in large bowl and spoon 6 biscuits on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake 350 for 25 minutes. 
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment