Thursday, January 10, 2013

Stuffed Acorn 1-10-13

Good Evening Friends!!

Unfortunatley I have no pictures for this because I am planning to make it this weekend.  I love everything squash and acorn is perfect for stuffing!

Stuffed Acorn Squash

1 Acorn
1 Chicken Breast, Organic
1/4 red onion
3/4 c mushrooms
1 tbps chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp raw cheese, I have Raw Parmigiano Reggiano
1/4 c raw Quinoa
Extra Virgin Olive Oil


Cook quinoa according to package directions.  While quinoa is cooking, cut squash in half and bake on cookie sheet for 30 minutes at 375 F.  Next, chop chicken into bite size pieces.  Saute chicken in extra virgin olive oil, add garlic, onion and mushrooms.  Salt and pepper to taste and toss in parsley, quinoa and cheese.  Scoop out about half of the acorn and add to mixture.  Stuff acorn and return back to oven for another 20 minutes. 

I have made these before and love them!  Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment