Monday, January 28, 2013

Peanut Butter Granona 1-28-13

Good evening friends!! 

As promised her is the peanut butter granola I made this weekend.  I used a recipe I found on www.pbfingers.com

The original recipe may be found here http://www.pbfingers.com/2011/06/14/peanut-butter-granola/

I of course made a change or two.  I added apple chips, since I used to love peanut butter and apples as a snack, till I of course became addicted to almond butta that is!





 
Apple Peanut Butter Granola
1.5 c rolled organic oats
6 tbsp peanut butter, organic unsweetened
2 tbsp raw organic honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 bag apple chips, organic unsweetened
 
In a medium sized bowl mix peanut butter, honey, vanilla and cinnamon.  Add oats and mix thoroughly.  It takes a while to stir everything together so all oats are coated.  Bake 325F for 15 minutes.  Crush, by hand apple chips, you want bite size pieces.  Toss with oats and bake 5 more minutes.  Allow to cool completely.  I split it up into 6 1/2 cup servings. 
 
With a banana and homemade almond milk this was delicious!  Enjoy ;0

No comments:

Post a Comment