Monday, January 21, 2013

Spicy Kale Chips 1-21-13

Good evening friends!!  Hope you all had a pleasant Monday. 
I had these wonderful plans to come home and make tasty clams with coconut lime sauce.  So after work I came home, changed and headed to Whole Foods, since I was out of lime.  Well I bought everything I needed to make my new clam dish but the Turkey Chile some how made its way into my bag.  Sneaky Chile!  So I had that for dinner instead with a quick cornbread biscuit, I will share that recipe later. 

I made several things this weekend kale chips being one of them.  Raw pumpkin protein cookies are something I also made this weekend, huge fail!  But me being me I wont throw them out and plan to eat them even though they look like little poop piles, not an exaggeration.  I thing this recipe will take a bit of tweaking and a few batches before its shared.  It sounded so good :(  On to the successful recipe.  These kale chips were spicy and crunchy, I had to put them away before I ate them all. 
 
Spicy Kale Chips
1 lg bunch kale
1 medium red bell pepper
1/4 c chopped red onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp chipotle
handful of fresh rosemary and thyme
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 c sunflower seed butter
 
 



Place all ingredients in food processor or blender.  Pulse until smooth.

Depending on what type of kale you choose to use, you want to remove the stems and tear it into bite size pieces.  Make sure to wash your kale extra well or it will be sandy. 

Place everything in a bowl and mix well.  I tried really hard to just use my handy dandy spatula but it would not spread the mixture evenly through out the kale bunch.  Use your hands, its messy but fun and you get to lick your fingers after, yum!  Spread out on a cookie sheet.  I covered my cookie sheet with foil, so it wouldn't stick.  Spray a non stick spray or oil lightly your foiled cookie sheet.  Bake 325 15mins, or until crispy.  Watch it because it will go from crispy yumminess to burnt wierdness in a matter of a minute! 
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment