Thursday, January 3, 2013

The "after" pic everyone asked for and breakfast, January 3, 2013

Good evening friends!!
I promised a current picture of myself so you all could see the difference healthy eating and hard work has made well here it is! First off I thought I would share a picture of myself at or close to my unhealthiest. I found this last night and was shocked. I do not even remember being that big and I am pretty sure I was even bigger at one point.


Well with out further adieu here is me as of yesterday, thanks to my awesome trainer for taking the picture of me doing my warm up ISOs (yuck!!!)
 
Breakfast is without a doubt my favorite meal of the day! I have more recipes for breakfast than just about anything else.  Just a few of my favorite breakfasts pancakes (I have tons of recipes for not so bad and almost healthy pancakes) and my favorite Ezekial pumpkin bread pudding!
 



My breakfast this morning consisted of Dandy blend which is a wonderful caffeine free herbal beverage that I have been using instead of coffee! With a little non dairy unsweetened milk and a packet of Stevia it tastes just like my favorite latte from Starbucks!

 
The star of the show was definitely the egg muffin I made for some friends and saved a few for myself.  They are loaded with veggies and I threw in a little turkey bacon for added protein.  I normally don't eat bacon of any kind, it has sugar and is highly processed but they smelled so yummy after I couldn't help it!


Egg Muffins (makes 6)
6 eggs
12 slices bacon
1 bunch asparagus
1/4 red onion
1 tbsp garlic
1 tomato
2 c spinach
2/3 c ground Flax

Chop all veggies and bacon, set aside.  In large bowl whisk eggs and flax until smooth.  Stir in bacon and veggies.  Split into 6 large muffin tins.  Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.  They should feel firm to touch. 

Mine is served with a toasted Ezekial English muffin, a few slices of avocado and Raw mild cheddar cheese.  This was a very hearty breakfast. 

Well its off to put a few more miles on my running shoes for me!! Hope you enjoyed this recipe and there is many more to follow ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment