Friday, January 11, 2013

Pizza!!! 1-11-13

One of the blogs I read said something about this being national Pizza Week!  So of course I had to have some pizza this week.  Yay because I love me some cheesey pizza.  I have healthied it up a bit and it came out great! I have been craving pizza all week.  I found the crust recipe here http://www.paleoplan.com/2011/10-09/almond-flax-pizza-crust/ and of course made a few adjustments. 

Pizza Crust
1-1/4 c Flax meal
1-1/4 c Almond flour
1/2 c Coconut flour
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp honey
1 tsp Italian seasoning
3 eggs
3 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 c water

In one bowl combine all dry ingredients.  In another bowl combine all wet ingredients.  Add liquid mixture to dry mixture.  Mix until smooth.  This can be done in a food processor but it is also very easy to mix by hand.  Press into desired shape.  (I split it into 4 to make individual pizzas)  Spray pizza pan and sprinkle with more coconut flour to prevent sticking.  Bake 15 minutes at 350 f.  Top with sauce, desired toppings and raw cheese.  Bake another 15-20 minutes.


Pizza Sauce
1 15oz can roasted tomatoes
1/2 c sun dried tomatoes, in olive oil (drained, save 1 tbsp oil)
1 carrot, minced
1 bell pepper, minced
1/2 onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 c Vegetable broth
2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
Salt and Pepper to taste

In olive oil saute all vegetables, add salt and pepper, saute until tender.  Add can tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes.  Bring to a simmer over medium heat, add basil and cook for 15 minutes.  Use vegetable broth to thin sauce as it thickens.  Using a hand mixer puree sauce, do not puree completely leave some of the veggies whole.  Simmer another 20 minutes.  May need more broth depending on your preference. 
 
 
I topped my pizza with some artichoke and slices of a chicken roll that I had made and stored in the freezer that was stuffed with spinach, garlic and red onion.  I topped with a little raw mild cheddar and raw parmigiano reggiano

 
The finished Pizza.  You could top with any veggies and meat you like.  The crust was so good!  Please try this recipe these pictures do not do it justice.  You will not be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment